How to Make Sardines in Tomato Sauce Dumplings
Dumplings are dough wrappers that are filled with meat, fish, seafood, fruits, or vegetables. They can be baked, boiled, fried, or steamed. There are many variations of dumplings around the world.
I made a deliciously simple recipe of dumplings using canned sardines in tomato sauce. Tomatoes are rich in healthy lycopene, and sardines are a very healthy fish because they contain less mercury relative to other types of seafood.
Let's look at my recipe for sardines in tomato sauce dumplings.
- 1 can sardines, in tomato sauce
- 1/4 cups carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons mushrooms, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowls
- 2 small plates
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
1. Steamed Dumplings:
- regular steamer or rice cooker with steamer
2. Fried Dumplings:
- frying pan
- Mash sardines in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients into the bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Lay dumpling wrapper into your hand.
Tips and Techniques
- Shape the dumplings any way you want.
- Serve dumplings with your favorite sauce. You can try my spicy soy-vinegar dip or sweet and sour sauce.
- Use any type of sardines you want.
- Make use of powdered garlic or onion if fresh is not available.
- Cook a small amount of the dumpling mixture before wrapping in order to achieve the right taste.
- You can either fry or steam the dumplings.
The Finished Dish
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan