Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Quick and Super Yummy Curry
With their deliciously smooth and silky texture, pumpkins work well for making both sweet and savory dishes. This vegetable is great to incorporate into your cooking because they are low-calorie and highly nutritious. They are rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
Yellow pumpkin curry has a mild sweet and spicy flavor. This recipe comes together quickly; I made it in only 20 minutes. Since it's a bit spicy, this curry pairs well with any type of Indian flatbread or steamed rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 cups yellow pumpkin, peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance the taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Wash yellow pumpkin. Remove the skin and cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle. Throw in cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute for 5 seconds. Keep heat medium-low.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, and dry mango powder. Saute for 10 seconds.
- Add chopped yellow pumpkin. Throw in the salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Keep heat at medium-high. Cover the pan. Stir the mixture occasionally. Reduce the heat once the pumpkin gets cooked. Add some water if needed.
- Throw in grated coconut and chopped coriander. Gently stir the mixture once.
- Turn off the heat. Your favorite yellow pumpkin curry is ready! This curry is smooth, silky, colorful, and appetizing.
- Serve it with Indian flatbreads or steamed rice. Enjoy the combo!