Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
A Mouthwatering Dessert in Just 12 Minutes
Is it really possible to whip up a delicious dessert in only 12 minutes? With this recipe, the answer is yes!
Sukhdi is a healthy and delicious sweet treat from the Gujarati region of India. Crunchy and aromatic, it contains only three ingredients: wheat flour, ghee, and jaggery. Wheat flour is high in vitamin E, calcium, folic acid, zinc, fiber, and iron. It gives strength to your bones. Ghee is packed with fat-soluble vitamins that can also help strengthen bones. Jaggery, loaded with antioxidants and minerals, acts as a detoxifier.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
10 pieces of sukhdi
- 1/3 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup jaggery, powdered
- 2 pinches cardamom powder (optional, for aroma)
- Grease a plate well with ghee. This is for setting the dessert. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Let it melt. Keep the heat medium-low.
- Add whole wheat flour. Saute until the flour mixes well with the ghee and becomes roasted. This step takes about 6 minutes. In the last stages of sauteing, the wheat flour will change color and become light golden brown. Also, the mixture should become somewhat porous. Ghee starts showing up on the edges. The mix is very light compared to earlier.
- Turn off the heat. Add jaggery powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix very well. The heat in the mixture is enough for combining the jaggery.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased plate. Lightly press with a cup or spoon to make the mixture flat and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Let it cool down a bit. When it is warm, cut it to desired shape and size, such as square, diamond, etc.
- Serve warm or room temperature. (In my opinion, sukhdi tastes the best when warm.)