How to Cook Congolese Peanut Butter Cabbage Sauce
A Healthy Dish
Peanut butter cabbage sauce is a Congolese dish. I learned the recipe from a chef during a group chat.
The sauce is quite delicious, and the ingredients are not expensive or hard to find. If you love cabbage and peanut butter, you will absolutely love this dish. The sauce is best paired with cooked white rice.
- 2 1/2 pounds cabbage
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup oil
- Wash and chop the cabbage, onions and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pot and stir-fry the onions to release the flavors.
- Add cabbage, nutmeg and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, onions and the powdered spices.
- Add peanut butter, cabbage and water. Cook for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
For more delicious peanut recipes try this recipe for peanut burgers