How to Make Delicious Peanut Burger (West African Snack)
What Is Peanut Burger?
Contrary to what some in the West might think, peanut burger is not a hamburger made out of peanuts. Rather, it is a popular West African snack that is loved by kids and adults alike. Made by coating peanuts (also called groundnuts) and then frying them, this snack is easy, inexpensive and delicious.
Peanut burger is best stored in an airtight container, preferably a jar.
- 3 cups raw peanuts (groundnuts)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 or 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- You can use already roasted groundnuts (peanuts). But if you have raw peanuts, you can roast or fry them yourself. For extra flavor, I start the frying process by first soaking the peanuts in hot water for 15 minutes, then I drain and dry the peanuts for 1 hour. Next, I pour in a nice layer of table salt in a pan and then I fry (roast) the peanuts in the salt until they are brown. Sieve out the peanuts in a tray and leave them to cool.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the salt and sugar. Whisk together.
- In a bigger bowl, pour in the roasted peanuts. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the whisked egg and toss the peanuts. Next, pour in 1 tablespoon of flour and toss.
- Repeat the process until both the flour and the eggs are exhausted. This will give you finely coated peanuts.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the coated peanuts until they are nice and brown.
- Your yummy peanut burger is ready.
- For extra flavor, you can add a drop of vanilla to the egg mixture.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of powdered milk to the flour and mix.
If you love peanuts, try these peanut cookies!
- How to Make Yummy Crunchy Nigerian Peanut Cookies (K...
Learn how to make delicious crunchy peanut cookies.
What part of making this burger do you consider difficult?
Questions & Answers
- Helpful 30
- Helpful 31
- Helpful 16
pls am i adding water to my flour?
No. Do not add water to your dry ingredients. Your wet ingredients has enough moisture to coat your peanut. Pour the flour over the peanut gradually as you roll it. Don't add too much flour at once.Helpful 8