Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Quick and Healthy Meal
When you want to have a quick lunch or dinner, a vegetable stir-fry is the answer. This recipe is not only very easy and quick to prepare, but it is also very healthy. No soy sauce is used, which helps keep the sodium level down. Also, we used cold-pressed coconut oil, which has a high smoke point.
If you prep the vegetables in advance, you can have this dish ready in minutes.
This recipe is quite versatile; you can include any vegetables you wish. Omit or add spices and herbs as per your preference, or use the ones you have at hand.
Read More From Delishably
Do try and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, or any oil of your choice with a high smoke point
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into roundels
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced medium-thick
- 7 to 8 green beans, chopped
- 7 to 8 cauliflower florets
- 7 to 8 broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- Handful tender broccoli stems, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sliced cabbage
- Handful tender broccoli leaves, chopped
- Keep a pan on low-medium heat. Add the coconut oil and let it melt.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute. Let it turn a bit brown.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add in the chopped carrot and green beans. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets and sliced tender broccoli stems. Stir for 15-20 seconds and keep the heat on medium-high.
- Add the salt, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Stir-mix the spices and saute the veggies for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced bell peppers and sliced cabbage. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes, ensuring they do not lose their crunch.
- Add the tender broccoli leaves and saute for 15-20 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve right away.
Indian-Style Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly