Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Instant Green Chili Pickles Recipe
Many people don't know that green chilies are good for your health. The truth is that this is one of the healthy and powerful ingredients we Indians use in our recipes. They are high in vitamin C and beta-carotene, they are a natural pain reliever, and they may help boost the immune system. They have very few calories and no cholesterol. Eating them in large quantities helps cool the body; they also aid in digestion. The spiciness of green chilies is truly appetizing.
Bite-Sized Spicy Side Dish
You can make green chili pickles instantly. In this recipe, you have to mix bite-sized chopped green chilies with a few other ingredients. You can use the pickle immediately. However, the best flavor comes after it sits for two or three days. Store the pickles in a clean, dry glass jar, and they will be good for up to two months. Now, let me share the recipe with you.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl of green chili pickle
- 1 heaped cup or 100 grams green chilies, chopped into bite-size
- 4 teaspoons or a little more mustard oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar, you can use any variety of vinegar. I used chili vinegar.
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hing/asafetida powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or as per taste
- I used long green chilies; they are medium-hot. Rinse them in water. Pat them dry or dry them in sun for a while.
- Remove the stalks. Chop chilies into bite-size or 1-inch pieces. Collect them in a mixing bowl.
- Now, you take mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, and cumin seeds in a wok or deep pan.
- Dry-sauté them for 30 seconds on low heat or sauté them just to get rid of their moisture. Turn off the stove.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixer or blender. Grind to get a coarse powder.
- Add mustard oil and vinegar to the chopped chilies. Mix well with a clean, dry spoon.
- Add ground masala powder, turmeric powder, hing powder, and salt. Thoroughly mix them with the same spoon. Refer the photo for the right consistency of the pickle.
- Now, your favorite instant green chili pickle is ready! You can use it instantly or use it after 2–3 days. The best flavor comes after 2–3 days.
- Enjoy spicing up your meal with these bite-sized chili pickles!
- You can store this pickle in a glass jar and use them for up to 2 months.