Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Cooling Summer Drink
Kacche aam ka sharbat is a raw green mango drink. With its amazing mix of sweet and sour flavours, this beverage is a wonderful way to cool off during the summer heat. It's also very healthy.
When purchasing mangoes choose ones that have dark green skin and are firm to touch. This will ensure the mangoes have an immature seed.
Before using this fruit, it's important to remove any pesticides. To do so, wash well with water, soak in tamarind water for 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly again under running water.
This drink takes just a few minutes to prepare and calls for only a few basic ingredients. Do try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 medium raw green mangoes
- 4 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10-15 fresh pudina (mint leaves)
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chilled water
- 1 cup / 250 ml crushed ice
- Wash the mangoes and then peel off the skin. Chop the pulp into small pieces and discard the seeds.
- Put the chopped pulp into a blender jar, add the sugar, mint leaves and salt. Pour in 1/2 cup of chilled water. Put on the lid and blend until the mango pieces, sugar and mint leaves are ground fine.
- Pour in 1 cup of chilled water and blend it again for a few seconds.
- Pour the mango sharbat into a jar, add in the crushed ice and stir well.
- Serve the chilled, delicious, raw mango sharbat immediately.
Kacche Aam Ka Sharbat (Green Mango Juice) Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly