Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Raita is a type of dip prepared with yoghurt. There are a various types of raitas prepared in Indian cuisine, and kheer raita is a simple one that can be prepared in minutes.
Kheera raita is a cucumber dip prepared with yoghurt and grated cucumber that has been laced with a few spices.
A perfect side dish to a meal, cucumber raita also pairs well with any pulao (rice dish). Try it and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 grams dahi (yoghurt)
- 1 medium kheera (cucumber), grated
- 1 tsp roasted jeera (cumin seed powder)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt)
- roasted jeera powder as needed, for garnish
- red chilli powder as needed, for garnish
- Whisk the yogurt with a hand whisk to make it smooth. If you use a hand blender, blend it at low speed.
- Add the grated cucumber, black salt, black pepper powder and roasted cumin seed powder. Mix well.
- Taste for salt and add more if needed. (Both black salt and rock salt are healthier than table salt, which is why I prefer to use them. You can use black salt only, or use half black salt and half rock salt.)
- Garnish the cucumber raita with some red chilli powder and roasted cumin seed powder.
- Serve chilled, with rice or as a side dish to pulao or meal.
Kheera (Cucumber) Raita Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly