Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Indian Buckwheat Pancakes
Cheela is a type of Indian pancake, and this particular cheela is made with kuttu (buckwheat) flour. It is a delicious, healthy and quick to prepare snack that everyone will love, including children. You can also make this cheela as a vrat fasting food by using sendha namak instead of table salt.
Do try it and share your feedback.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the batter:
- 1 cup kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour)
- 1/4 cup grated lauki (bottlegourd)
- 1 tbsp chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (use sendha namak/rock salt if making for vrat)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Water, as needed
- Oil, as needed
- Desi ghee (clarified butter), as needed
- In a bowl, add the kuttu ka atta and all other batter ingredients. Mix well. Add water little by little to prepare a smooth, thick batter of the consistency shown in the video. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Keep a nonstick pan on medium heat. Add a little desi ghee and spread it all over.
- Once the pan is hot reduce the heat to low and drop a ladleful or little more of the batter in the middle of the pan after stirring it well. Spread it a little. Pour a little desi ghee over the cheela. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When the top side changes in colour, turn it over and let the other side cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep flipping the cheela at frequent intervals until it is lightly browned and cooked all over, pressing any undercooked areas with a ladle to cook them as well. Transfer the cheela to a plate and prepare the rest similarly.
- Serve the cheela with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
Read More From Delishably
Kuttu Ka Cheela Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly