Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Lemon coriander soup is a delicious and healthy, vitamin C and mineral-rich soup that boosts immunity. Warm and comforting, this soup is especially beneficial in the wintertime to help prevent seasonal coughs, colds, and fevers.
Coriander, or cilantro, is a healthy herb that can help aid digestion, lower blood glucose levels, lower bad cholesterol levels, and raise good cholesterol levels.
This is a simple, easy, and quick-to-prepare soup.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 tablespoons fresh hara dhania (cilantro), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cups water
- Put the butter in a pot. Keep the heat on medium and let it melt.
- Once the butter melts, reduce heat to low and put in the garlic, ginger, and green chilli. Stir for about 1 minute or until the raw taste of ginger and garlic goes away.
- Add the chopped carrots and cabbage. Stir-roast for about 1 minute.
- Add in the water now and squeeze the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper powder. Raise heat to medium and add in the cilantro, too. Let it come to a boil.
- While the mixture is heating up, add a few teaspoons of water in the cornflour and stir to make a smooth solution.
- When the mixture comes to a rolling boil, put in the cornflour solution and stir a few times to mix it in. Then cook it for 1-2 minutes until it thickens to your liking.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve.
Indian-Style Lemon Coriander Soup Recipe
© 2019 Rajan Singh Jolly