Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
About Baby Corn and Spinach Curry
Baby corn and spinach curry is a low-calorie version of baby corn and paneer curry. The baby corn in this curry gives it just a little bit of a crunch. This dish is great because you don't have to use too much oil. It also has an awesome flavor due to the various fresh spices added to it.
You can add a few sauteed pieces of paneer to this curry to make it calorie-rich and to enhance the taste. I prefer to cook this curry at home because restaurants normally use too much oil in their cooking. The curry I make uses far less oil and is simple and awesome.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 2 heaped bowls spinach, washed
- 8 pieces of baby corn, slit and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Wash the spinach thoroughly in water. Saute it in 1/4 teaspoon oil for 5 minutes, adding some salt. Set it aside to cool.
- Parboil the baby corn in salted water (just enough water to cover). Set it aside.
- Dry-grind the coriander seeds, green chilies, ginger, and garlic. Collect the powder in a bowl.
- Using the same mixer/blender, grind the sauteed spinach to get a coarse paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add the cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add the chopped onion. Saute till it turns golden. Add the ground mix containing coriander seeds, ginger, garlic, and green chili. Continue sauteing for 30 seconds.
- Throw in the chopped tomato and corn. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the tomato becomes mushy. Add some salt and water. Mix well.
- Pour in the spinach puree. Cook on a low fire for 1 minute. Stir it properly. Add fresh cream. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- The baby corn and spinach curry is ready to serve. Serve it hot with fresh pancakes, roti, or hot rice. Enjoy the taste!