Teatime Snacks: How to Make Methi Pakora (Fenugreek Leaf Fritters)
Make Delicious Methi Pakora (Fenugreek Leaf Fritters) in 15 Minutes!
Fenugreek pakoras are scrumptious snacks that are perfect for those wintery and rainy days. In this recipe, the aromatic and slightly bitter fenugreek pairs wonderfully well with the nutty flavor of gram flour. Let me share the detailed recipe for you!
- 1 heaped bowl fenugreek leaves, washed and drained
- 6 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon oil, for the batter
- 1/4 teaspoon or less coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon or less turmeric powder
- 2 pinches cooking soda
- 1/6 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 onion, julienned
- salt, to taste
- oil, for deep-frying
- Wash fenugreek leaves 2–3 times and pat-dry them.
- Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, carom seeds, coriander powder, cooking soda, oil, chopped onions, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add a few drops of water and make a firm and thin consistency batter. Refer to the photo for the right consistency.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Take small portions of the batter, press them a little, and gently slide them one after the other into the hot oil. Don't overcrowd them. Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying.
- Fry them until they become golden brown and crunchy. Frying each batch may take about 4 minutes.
- Remove them with a slotted ladle and place them on an absorbent paper towel to blot the excess oil.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter.
- Now, crispy and delicious fenugreek leaf fritters are ready to munch. Serve them with a cup of hot coffee or tea. Enjoy!
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 28 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri