Supriya is a homemaker who is passionate about cooking. She loves to share her recipes with the world.
The mangoes are nearly ripe in my part of the world, and soon we will be able to pluck them from the orchards. So, I thought it would be a perfect time to share one of my favourite mango recipes with you. In this recipe, you can use fresh mangoes, frozen mangoes or even canned mango pulp. You can also choose the milk of your choice; for example, coconut milk, almond milk etc.
Mango custard halwa is rich in taste and has a silky, melt-in-your-mouth texture. With a strong mango flavour, it is tender and firm enough to hold its shape.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango, chopped (or mango pulp)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (brown or white)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 3-4 cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons ghee (clarified butter)
- Place the chopped mango (or pulp) in a blender. Add the vanilla custard powder, sugar and cardamom pods. Coarsely grind into a puree.
- Grease a pan with 1 teaspoon of ghee, and add the mango puree.
- Turn on the heat, add almond milk, and stir continuously.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and keep stirring over medium heat. You will see that the mixture will start to become glossy and leave the sides of the pan.
- Trun off the heat. Take a mould or plate, grease it with ghee, and pour the hot mixture into it.
- Transfer the mould or plate to the refrigerator for 2 hours to let it set.
- Once it has set, you may cut the halwa into pieces using a knife.
- For best results, choose mangoes that are sweet.
- The amount of milk and sugar can be varied. If you prefer a less sweet halwa, reduce the amount of sugar. The milk can be substituted with water.
- Do not turn on the heat before adding the puree to the pan, as it can easily start forming lumps.
© 2020 Supriyasharma
Supriyasharma (author) from Malaysia on July 02, 2020:
Yes ankesh... It is perfect time to try this recipe!!
Abhishek Gupta on June 28, 2020:
Wow....I just tried it... N I was super delicious
Ankesh Singh from Kuala Lumpur on June 21, 2020:
Wow..Perfect recipe for Mango season.. Thanks!
Supriyasharma (author) from Malaysia on June 17, 2020:
You are welcome!!! @Ivana Divac... Thanks for your visit.
Ivana Divac from Serbia on June 16, 2020:
Great recipe. Thank you for sharing!