Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Sprouted moong dal (mung bean) curry is a tasty recipe that calls for just a few basic spices. It comes together very quickly; you can have it on the table in a matter of minutes.
This curry is typically served as a side dish with rice and sindhi kadhi, but you can also have it with roti or chapati.
Do try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup sprouted moong dal (mung beans)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 3-4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp heeng (asafoetida powder)
- 150 ml water, or as needed
- 1-2 pinches red chilli powder, for garnish
- 1-2 pinches amchur (mango powder), for garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add in the sprouts, heeng and all spices: salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Stir well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add just enough water to submerge the sprouts.
- Stir well and close the lid. Give 2-3 whistles and put off the heat. Let the pressure release on its own.
- Open the cooker. The sprouts should be done and all the water should have dried up.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a little red chilli powder and amchur powder.
- Serve with rice and sindhi kadhi. Recipe video link for the sindhi kadhi in the video.
Masala Moong Sprouts Curry Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly