Rozlin loves to cook with different nutrirional ingredients and she wants to share their benefits with her readers.
Creamy Matar Paneer
Matar paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes of North India. It is made with green peas, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), tomatoes and spices. Cashew nuts impart a creamy texture, and cream adds a lovely milky flavor to the gravy.
I usually prepare matar paneer for lunch or dinner for my family. Traditionally, the dish is served with zeera rice, chapati or naan. However it's served, my family loves it!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chilli garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 2 large tomatoes, pureed
- 8 cashew nut paste
- 1 cup matar (green peas)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water, or as needed
- 200 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a pan and add oil. Once hot, add a bay leaf and cumin seeds. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn pink to light golden brown.
- Add the green chilli garlic paste. Sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the haldi, garam masala powder, and red chilli powder. Mix and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well, and cook on low flame until the oil separates.
- Add cashew nut paste and mix well. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
- Add green peas and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until they mix well. Cover and cook until done.
- Add water if you are using fresh green peas and not frozen.
- Once peas are cooked, add cream and mix well. Cook until oil separates.
- Add salt as per taste and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to make gravy. Mix well and take to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes to the gravy. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When you see oil floating on the top, the matar paneer is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Read More From Delishably
© 2021 Rozlin