I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Delicious and Delightful Appetizer!
Veg Manchurian is one of my favorites. I like it mainly for its fantastic combination of assorted veggies and aromatic spices, including fried fresh ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
Though making this appetizer involves a lengthy procedure, trust me, it is worth the effort. You will undoubtedly get a mouthwatering and healthy snack that everyone will love. Serve it hot with tomato sauce on the side.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
For the vegetable balls:
- 1 1/4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans, finely cut
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely cut
- 1/4 cup capsicum, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for deep-frying
For the gravy:
- 2 green chillis, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/6 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
Step 1: Make the Vegetable Balls
- Chop the vegetables as directed.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for making vegetable balls (except oil). Mix well.
- Make a medium-firm dough. Don't press it too much. If you feel like the dough is too loose, add some more all-purpose flour and adjust the consistency.
- Prepare small, lemon-sized balls out of the dough. Arrange them on a plate.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying. When the oil becomes medium hot, slowly drop a few vegetable balls into the oil.
- Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying. Fry the balls until they become crispy.
- Repeat the same process to fry all the vegetable balls. Set them aside.
Step 2: Make the Gravy
- Add cornflour to a bowl and mix in some water. The consistency should be thin and flowing. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a deep bottomed pan. Throw in the chopped onion, green chili, garlic, and ginger. Saute until the onions become transparent.
- Add the soya sauce. Let the mixture boil for 30 seconds.
- Add in the fried vegetable balls.
- Add the cornflour mixture.
- Add the vinegar or lemon juice (optional) and salt. Be careful while adding the salt because the soya sauce and dough balls already contain salt.
- Adjust the heat to very low and mix thoroughly. Make sure the vegetable balls are evenly coated with the gravy.
- Add some chopped coriander. Remove the pan from the stove and gently mix it once.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Veg Manchurian is ready to serve!
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce on the side.