Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
What Is Murmura Namkeen?
Murmura namkeen is a healthy Indian snack of savory puffed rice. It is light on the stomach, and it's a great accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee. It's also a good choice as an anytime snack for children.
Stored in an airtight container, it will remain crisp and good for up to a month.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 150 grams murmura (puffed rice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon amchur (mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 25-30 curry patta (leaves)
- 1 green chilli, chopped small
- Heat oil in a pan on low heat. Add in the sliced onions, curry leaves, and chopped green chilli. Saute until they turn brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and continue sauteeing.
- Add the murmura and mix well until everything is nicely combined.
- Add the red chilli powder, amchur powder, salt, and turmeric powder. Mix well and roast on low heat until the murmura turn crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a bowl. Allow it to cool completely; then transfer it to an airtight jar. This snack will keep well for up to a month.
Murmura Namkeen Recipe (Savory Puffed Rice Snack)
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly