My name is Lakshmi, and I am a homemaker. I love cooking and experimenting with different recipes, especially those from my native India.
Mutton liver fry is a tasty side dish that is traditionally served with rice. Kids and adults alike love this dish. It's very nutritious, as well, and is particularly high in iron.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 250 grams mutton liver
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 red chillies
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Handful of curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chilly powder
- 4 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add the mutton liver, salt, and turmeric. Add some water, not too much, just enough to cover the mutton. Cook for 2 whistles on medium heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds. Once they splutter, add the red chilies, onions, curry leaves, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute again, then add the masala powders, salt, and a small amount of water. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled liver meat and stir-fry until the gravy becomes thicker. Finally, add chopped curry leaves on top of it and serve with hot rice.
Lakshmi (author) from Chennai on October 07, 2020:
Hi Danny,Thank you for your comment and very glad to hear that you like the recipe.
Danny from India on October 07, 2020:
Lakshmi, thanks a lot for sharing my favorite recipe in your style.