I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Smooth and Delicious Paneer Delight!
Paneer sweet corn masala curry is a rich and creamy dish made with paneer, sweet corn, cashew nuts, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and spices. The ingredients in this dish blend together to create a delightfully mouthwatering curry.
Sweet corn is mildly sweet, crunchy, nutrient-dense, and fiber-rich. Paneer is a good source of protein that helps strengthen bones and teeth. This curry is tasty and healthy. Enjoy this curry with flatbreads, roti, poori, chapati, ghee rice, fried rice, etc.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped, pureed
- 1 cup paneer, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2-inch ginger, washed, peeled, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons milk cream
- 1 tablespoon yogurt or thick curd
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance the taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Make a tomato puree from the tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a mixer or blender, add cashew nuts, chopped onions, ginger, and garlic. Add some water and make a thick paste. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a deep bottomed pan. Saute the paneer cubes until they become a little bit golden. Transfer the cubes to a plate.
- In the same pan, saute the sweet corn kernels. If needed, add a very small amount of water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the cooked corn to the same plate as the paneer.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan. Add the cashew nut paste. Saute the mixture over low heat until the oil separates from it.
- Add the tomato puree and some salt. Mix well. Cook the mixture over high heat for 2-3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat. Add red the chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder. Saute the mixture for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is well cooked. Add water if needed to keep the gravy semi-solid or not very thick.
- Add the paneer and sweet corn mixture back to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the milk cream and continue to saute for 1 minute. Add yogurt or thick curd, sugar, and remaining salt.
- Continue to cook the mixture over low heat until it thickens and becomes semi-solid. Add chopped coriander leaves while reserving a few leaves for garnishing. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Paneer sweet corn masala is ready! Transfer it to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve this curry with hot flatbreads like chapati, roti, poori, or with ghee rice, fried rice, etc. Dunk flatbread in this creamy and thick curry and enjoy eating!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on May 28, 2020:
Yes, Swetha. This curry is not only delicious but nutritious too. Try this recipe and enjoy the taste. Thanks for reading the article.
Shwetha bhat from Bengaluru on May 28, 2020: