Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Smooth and Creamy Curry
Unlike other curries, bhurji curries are very popular and tasty recipes that include eggs or paneer. Paneer bhurji is a spicy side dish that includes paneer and spices as the main ingredients. This curry has a smooth, creamy texture and a mouthwatering flavor.
A rich source of calcium and protein, paneer helps keep bones and teeth healthy and strong. Paneer also has a nice taste, a pleasingly crumbly texture, and a useful ability to blend well with whatever spices are added to it.
Serve this side dish with flatbread, pav, chapati, poori, fried rice, ghee rice, etc., for lunch or dinner. Enjoy the delicious meal!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil (I used butter)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 small cups paneer, crumbled
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Heat the butter or oil in a deep-bottomed pan.
- Add cumin seeds and saute until they crackle. Add chopped onions and saute over medium heat until they become transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste. Continue to saute until the mixture becomes golden brown.
- While keeping the heat at a minimum, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Increase the heat. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes become mushy. Add chopped capsicum and chickpea flour. Saute the mixture for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of water and mix well. Allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil, cover the pan, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add crumbled paneer. Combine well with the other ingredients in the pan. Add 1 cup of water to get a semi-solid consistency gravy. Allow the mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes. Add kasuri methi, garam masala, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Your favorite curry is ready!
- Serve as a side dish with flatbread, chapati, bread, pav, poori, ghee rice, or fried rice. Enjoy the taste!