Rozlin loves to cook delicious Indian meals for her family. She enjoys sharing some of her favorite recipes with her online readers.
Delicious Curry With Paneer and Capsicum
Paneer capsicum curry is a North Indian–style curry, prepared with paneer (a type of Indian cottage cheese), green capsicum and dry spices. It is traditionally served with any flatbread (e.g., roti, paratha or naan) or rice. Apart from the dry Indian spices, I have also used kasuri methi and fresh cream to give a subtle taste and flavour.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 200 grams paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, separated into petals
- 2 green capsicum, diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- Lightly fry the paneer cubes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Add in the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds turn golden brown, add the finely chopped onions and fry them until translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell dissipates.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and fry until the oil separates.
- Add the fried paneer cubes, diced green capsicum and onion petals. Mix well.
- Add fresh cream and give it a good mix.
- Add 1 cup water and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 8–10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Cover for another 5 minutes or until you see oil on the top.
- Serve hot with any flatbread (e.g., roti, paratha, naan) or rice.
Read More From Delishably
Suggestions and Variations
- I used only green capsicum, but you can add red, yellow and orange bell peppers, too.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of water to adjust the consistency of the curry.
- For more vegetables, you can add cauliflower florets and baby corn.
- For a spicier curry, add more chopped green chillies.
© 2022 Rozlin