Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
North Indian Vegetarian Curry
Patta gobi matar, or cabbage and green pea curry, is a popular North Indian vegetarian dish usually used as a side dish to a meal. Nutritious and subtly flavoured, it is frequently prepared during the winter season when the markets are flooded with fresh cabbage.
Do try it and share your feedback.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 250 grams cabbage, washed and sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon hara dhania (cilantro)
- Heat oil and reduce heat to low. Add garlic and saute till light brown.
- Add tomatoes. Raise heat to medium and cook till soft.
- Add cabbage and peas. Mix and add salt and spices. Mix well. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook the sabzi till done, checking every 4 to 5 minutes. Give it a stir first and then check it.
- Transfer the curry to a bowl, garnish with hara dhania and serve with roti/paratha or use as a side dish to a meal.
Patta Gobi Matar (Cabbage Green Pea Curry) Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly