Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Unique Protein-Rich Side Dish in 15 Minutes!
Peanut fried gram chutney is made with roasted peanuts, fried gram, green chilies, ginger, mint leaves, coriander leaves, tamarind, sauteed onions, and salt. Mildly spicy and delicious, this chutney has a nice aroma and a crunchiness that comes from the sauteed onions. It's healthy too—it is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, it includes good fat and plenty of fiber.
Serve this easy-to-make and nutrient-dense side dish with paratha, rice roti, dosa, idli, cooked rice, etc. It makes a delightful side dish with all types of meals.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1 1/4 cups fried gram
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, washed and pat-dried
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, washed and pat-dried
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp, or 1/2 teaspoon tamarind soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil, for sauteing chopped onions
- Add peanuts to a deep-bottomed pan. Saute on medium heat until you see brown spots on its skin. This process may take about 2 or 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the roasted peanuts to a plate. Allow it to cool completely.
- In a mixer jar, add the roasted peanuts, fried gram, broken green chilies, chopped ginger, tamarind pulp, and salt. Grind to get a coarse powder. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, and water as needed. Continue to grind to get a near-smooth paste. This paste should be semi-solid. Add water and mix well to get the right consistency. Collect the paste in a bowl.
- Heat oil in the same deep-bottomed pan and saute the chopped onions until they become pinkish. Turn off the heat and transfer the onions to the bowl containing the chutney.
- Mix well. Serve with rice roti, paratha, idli, dosa, cooked rice, etc. This crunchy and delicious chutney makes a delightful side dish for all types of meals.