Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Poha is flattened or beaten rice and pakodas are fritters. This crisp and crunchy dish is prepared with flattened rice and a number of spices along with a few other ingredients. Serve it as an anytime snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 1 cup poha (flattened rice)
- 4 tbsp dahi (yoghurt)
- 6 tbsp besan (gram flour/brown chickpea flour)
- 1 potato, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powdert
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mango powder
- Water as needed, to make besan batter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tbsp hara dhania (cilantro), chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, finely grated, and kept in water
- Oil, for frying
- Put the poha in a large sieve and wet them by pouring a glass of water over it. Mix well by hand, then discard the drained-out water and squeeze the poha lightly to extract the extra water.
- Put the wettened poha in a large bowl. Add the dahi and mix well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the besan in a bowl. Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and amchur powder. Add a little water and mix well to make a thick smooth lump-free paste. Add a little more water and whisk well for 2-3 minutes to make a thick batter.
- After the poha and dahi mixture has rested for 10 minutes, knead it for 1 minute. Add the besan batter, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, grated ginger, kasuri methi, and hara dhania. Squeeze the grated potato to remove the water and add it, as well.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. If needed, add a little water. The prepared pakora mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadahi on medium heat. When the oil is hot, drop in spoonfuls of the mixture by hand (or spoon), and fry until crisp and golden. Transfer the cooked pakoras to a plate. Fry the rest of the pakoras similarly.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Poha Pakoda Recipe (Flattened Rice Fritters)
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly