I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
Prawn egg masala is a delectable combination of prawns and eggs blended with Indian spices to make a hearty, healthy, and flavorful meal. Prawns are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, and eggs are a complete source of proteins. Once you make this dish you'll want to make it over and over again.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 grams cooked prawns (small-sized prawns are best for this recipe)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Thai green chili, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Toss the cooked prawns with 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp garam masala, a pinch of turmeric powder, and salt. Set it aside while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients. This will allow time for the prawns to marinate with the spices.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Once the seeds are slightly roasted, add the chopped onions and cook over medium to high flame. Keep stirring till the onions are half cooked. Then, add the chopped Thai green chili. Stir it for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the red chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, and pepper powder. Add salt as per your taste preference. Mix and let the spices blend.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are well mashed and blended with the spices.
- Add the cooked prawns and stir.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter in the pan. Once the butter has melted, add 3 tbsp of yogurt. Stir it in and let the spices blend with the yogurt. Taste and adjust the salt and spices as per your preference.
- Break the eggs on top of the prawn masala. Cover the pan and let it cook for 1 minute. Uncover the pan and stir in the eggs until well cooked.
- Serve with wheat roti, dosa, or any Indian flatbread.
© 2021 Angel Writes