Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Traditional Summertime Drink
Lassi is a traditional Punjabi beverage made with curd or yoghurt as the main ingredient and prepared in two versions: sweet and salty.
Both versions of lassi are very cooling and refreshing to have in the hot summer months. Today we are going to prepare sweet lassi.
Do try and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 250 grams chilled dahi (curd/yoghurt), made from full-fat milk
- 6 tsp powdered mishri or sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp fresh malai (milk cream)
- 1 to 2 pinches kesar (saffron powder) plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup ice cubes, crushed
- In a blender jar, add the dahi, ground sugar, malai, kesar and crushed ice cubes. Blend until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to a glass, garnish with a little saffron and serve. Enjoy this refreshing beverage!
Punjabi Meethi (Sweet) Lassi Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly