Amara is a writer, and writing is her passion. In her free time she loves to cook for her family.
What Is Dragon Chicken?
Dragon chicken is a very popular and beloved Indo-Chinese fusion dish. Made with crispy batter-fried chicken strips that are tossed with vegetables in a yummy sweet and spicy sauce and infused with Chinese flavors, it can be served as a side or main course dish along with rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the chicken strips:
- 250 grams chicken breast strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons chilled water
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 dried red chillies, halved
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 20 cashew nuts, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a bowl, add chicken strips and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, white pepper, and 1 egg. Add some chilled water and mix well to make a batter.
- Add the chicken strips to the flour mixture. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the chicken strips one by one. Fry until they turn golden brown.
- In another pan heat some oil. Add garlic paste and dried red chillies, and fry. Add sliced onion, chilli sauce, soy sauce, tomato sauce, salt and sugar. Fry until the onion becomes soft.
- Add fried cashew nuts, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Fry over medium to high flame.
- Add the already fried chicken strips back to the pan and add some water. Cook on high flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green spring onion. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top. Bon appetit!
Read More From Delishably
Rate the Recipe
© 2021 Amara