Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Vegetable Bondas are Healthy and Delicious Fried Snacks
Vegetable bonda (spicy vegetable balls) are scrumptious and nutritious deep-fried snacks. The main ingredients of this snack are vegetables, chickpea flour, oil, and spices.
In this recipe, spicy mixed vegetable balls are dipped in the chickpea flour batter. Next, they are deep-fried until they become golden brown and crunchy.
These balls are smaller than tennis balls. If you open it with a fork, you'll see that it is full of vegetables mixed with spices. The chickpea flour batter forms the outer covering. The combination makes it absolutely delicious.
Vegetable bonda is scrumptious and crunchy. It makes a delightful snack that you can enjoy during the rainy season or cold evenings.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 1/2 cups potato, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup french beans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red, yellow, or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maida, use only if you need it for binding the vegetables
- 1 1 /2 cups chickpea flour, for batter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 tsp for vegetable mix, 1/2 tsp for batter
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- To begin with, add chickpea flour, red chili powder, carom seeds, and half of the salt to a mixing bowl. Mix well. While adding a glass of water, make a smooth and thick consistency batter.
- Put the cooked vegetables and the mashed potatoes in another mixing bowl. Add the red chili powder, garam masala powder, and the other half of the salt. You should be able to make medium-firm balls with this. If it's too loose or wet, add a spoon of plain flour to adjust the consistency. Prepare fist-sized balls of the dough.
- Dip the balls in the batter, then fry them in medium-hot oil for 4-5 minutes or till they are golden brown. Remove them to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil from the bonda/balls. Repeat the procedure for all of the balls.
- Serve the hot vegetable bonda (spicy vegetable balls) with tomato sauce, green coriander chutney, or a dip. Enjoy!