I was a banker, presently working as a freelancer. I have a passion for making healthy and delectable food. I use minimum oil in my cooking
Chutney is a side dish that can add an extra kick to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is best paired with boiled rice, flatbread, and other main-course rice items.
This spinach chutney is an awesome side that can be made in a jiffy. The garlic tempering is a must for this chutney. The combination of spinach and garlic is not only appetizing, but it's also super healthy. Spinach, if used alone, tends to form gas in the stomach. Garlic helps prevent the formation of gas in the stomach. That's one of many reasons why this recipe is such a hit!
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 heaped cups spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated
- 1/4 lemon size tamarind, soaked in water
- 4–5 red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon black gram split
- 10 coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil, for the tempering
- 10 cloves garlic, for the tempering
- a few curry leaves, for the tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, for the tempering
- 1/4 teaspoon black gram split, for the tempering
- salt to taste
- Wash the spinach, then sauté it in a half-teaspoon of oil. Keep this aside to cool.
- Heat half a teaspoon oil in a small hand pan. Fry the black gram split until it becomes golden-brown, then add the coriander seeds and red chili pieces. Mix well, then turn off the fire. Put this aside to cool.
- Put the sautéed spinach, fried ingredients, soaked tamarind, grated coconut, and salt in a mixer/grinder. Grind to get a smooth and thick paste/chutney. You can add water while grinding. Once finished, ransfer it to a serving bowl.
- To make the tempering, heat a tablespoon of oil in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add black gram split and curry leaves. Keep the fire very low. Add the chopped garlic cloves.
- Stir the contents until the garlic gets a nice golden-brown color, then turn off the fire. Pour this tempering onto the spinach chutney.
- Your spinach chutney with garlic tempering is ready to serve. Mix the tempering in while serving. Enjoy the heavenly taste!