Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
This Indian-style stir-fry garlic mushroom recipe is a quick and easy one-pot dish. Even better, it's delicious and healthy. Serve it as a starter, snack or side dish to a meal.
Do try and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 200 grams button mushrooms, washed, dried and chopped in halves or quarters depending on size
- 2 tbsp white unsalted butter (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens, chopped
- 2 tbsp hara dhania (cilantro), chopped
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add the butter and oil and let the butter melt.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and saute until they turn light pink.
- Add the chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and mix well. Saute until they turn a bit soft and light golden in colour, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper powder and chopped green chilli. Mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes until the mushrooms are done.
- Add the chopped spring onion greens and cilantro. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Plate the dish and serve.
Indian-Style Stir-Fry Garlic Mushrooms
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly