How to Make Corn Fenugreek Leaf Fritters (Corn Methi Pakora)
Corn methi pakora, or corn fenugreek leaf fritters, are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They have a lovely aroma that comes from the roasted fenugreek leaves and garlic. A perfect teatime accompaniment or afterschool snack, this mildly sweet snack can be served with tomato ketchup.
Fenugreek leaves have many health benefits. They are thought to help reduce cholesterol, control diabetes, and reduce liver problems. They also promote milk production in breastfeeding women.
Corn is very healthy, as well. It contains vitamin B12, minerals, folate, and iron. It has powerful antioxidants, beneficial nutrients, and plenty of dietary fiber.
Making this corn methi pakora is easy! Let me share the detailed recipe now.
- 1 heaped cup corn kernels, fresh preferred
- 1/3 cup fenugreek leaves, washed, patted dried, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 teaspoons gram flour (chickpea flour or besan)
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 2 green chilies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 pinches amchur powder (dry mango powder), available in Indian stores
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons onions, cut in thin strips
- Oil, for deep-frying
- In a small bowl, add sweet corn kernels, garlic, and green chilies. Grind together to get a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste to a larger mixing bowl. Add gram flour (chickpea flour), rice flour, red chili powder, chopped fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder, chopped onions, and salt.
- Mix together to make a thick batter without adding water.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Drop small portions of this batter into the hot oil. Keep the heat at medium.
- Continue frying while occasionally turning until the fritters become crispy and golden brown. Place the cooked fritters on absorbent paper.
- Repeat this process until all fritters have been prepared.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup, as well as a cup of tea or coffee. These pakoras are super crispy and delicious. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|