Sweet and Spicy Dosa Recipe (Corn-Wheat Flour Pancake)
Dosas, or sweet and spicy corn-wheat flour pancakes, are a popular South Indian breakfast, lunch, and snack option. Dosas are prepared by using wheat flour and sweet corn kernels, with the addition of green chilies and coriander leaves for flavor.
The best part about this particular dosa recipe is that it requires no soaking, no fermentation, and very little grinding time. This means that these dosas are very easy to make compared to the standard preparation method.
Sweet corn kernels give perfect color and texture. You can either prepare crispy dosas (by adding rice flour) or soft pancakes. This quick and easy recipe is very delicious and nutritious. It's kid-friendly, too.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, coarsely crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilis, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Peel off the husk and skin of the corn. Separate the corn seeds from the cob and wash them. Or you can buy packed sweet corn that is ready to use.
- Coarsely crush sweet corn in a blender and transfer this into a mixing bowl. (Don't grind to a smooth paste.)
- Add wheat flour, yogurt, finely chopped onion, red chili powder, finely chopped green chili, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix everything properly without forming lumps. Add water and make a semi-thick batter. (Batter should not be runny, but dropping consistency.) Set batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat tawa (griddle) and grease with oil. Pour a ladle full of batter in the center of tawa and rotate the batter with the help of the ladle in a circular motion to make a round dosa. Cover and cook on a medium flame until bottom side turns to golden brown in color.
- Flip dosa and cook both sides.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve hot with ghee, ketchup, sambar, or chutney.
- Add more water if you want crispy pancakes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of rice flour to make dosa crispier.
- Yogurt gives nice texture and enhances the flavor of the dosa.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Sodium 15 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|