I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Quick, Easy, and Healthy Condiment
Peanut garlic chutney is a delicious and nutritious condiment—and with only five ingredients, it's quick and easy to make, too. It takes me just 10 minutes to prepare.
I use this chutney as a condiment for snacks like curd rice and as a side dish for meals. Serving this chutney with daily meals can help to manage blood sugar levels, cholesterol, and blood pressure. In addition, some say that this chutney can prevent the common cold, coughs, and gas problems.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 bowl of chutney
- 1 heaping cup roasted peanuts, skins removed
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 5–6 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Dry roast the peanuts over low heat until they become super crispy, then remove them and allow them to cool.
- Remove the skins by rubbing the peanuts between your palms. Put the skinned peanuts in a blender.
- Add the garlic cloves, red chili powder, and cumin. Pulse 2–3 times for a short length of time to get a coarse mixture. If you pulse for a longer time, the peanuts will become crushed, and the mixture may become paste-like.
- Add salt and pulse once again. Collect the mixture in a bowl.
- Your favorite peanut garlic chutney is ready! Store it in an airtight container. You can use it for up to 6 months if you store it in the refrigerator.
- Use this chutney as a side dish, stuffing, or spread. Enjoy!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on October 03, 2019:
Thanks, Prantika. Even I like to have this chutney with curd rice and snacks. Moreover, it is a quick and easy condiment.
Prantika Samanta from Kolkata, India on October 01, 2019:
Informative article. It is one of my favorite chutneys. During my stay at Bangalore, I used to eat this chutney a lot. Thank you for sharing the recipe and the nutritional value.