Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
A Punjabi Winter Sweet
Til bugga, a fudge made from sesame seeds, is a soft and delicious traditional Punjabi winter special sweet that is usually prepared on the occasion of the local Lohri festival. But you don't need to wait for the festival—you can have it throughout the winter as it keeps the body warm and also provides a lot of energy.
Easy and quick to prepare, this calcium and energy-rich dessert is a popular and must-have sweet on this festival.
Do try it and share your feedback.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
- 100 grams safed til (white sesame seeds)
- 50 grams khas khas (poppy seeds)
- 100 grams kaju (cashews)
- 70 grams desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 250 grams mawa (milk solids)
- 250 grams boora chini, or substitute powdered sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 tsp elaichi (cardamom powder)
- 50 grams almonds, sliced
- 25 kishmish (raisins)
- Roasted sesame seeds, sliced almonds, and cashews, for garnish
- On low heat roast the til until they are light brown and begin to crackle. Transfer to a plate and let them cool down. Then grind coarsely and set aside.
- Grind the khas khas and kaju coarsely and set aside.
- On low heat, heat the desi ghee. Add the mawa and roast it until it slightly changes colour. Stir constantly.
- Add the boora chini and cardamom powder and mix well. Stir-roast for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground til, khas khas, and kaju. Mix well and stir-roast for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced almonds and mix well. Stir-roast for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the kishmish, and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a high-rimmed plate that has been well greased with desi ghee.
- Tap the plate to level the mixture and garnish with sesame seeds, cashew pieces, and sliced almonds. Press the seeds and nuts lightly to fix them and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Til bugga is ready to serve. It will keep well for about 10-12 days.
Read More From Delishably
Til Bhugga (Sesame Fudge) Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly