How to Make Tomato Paneer Curry (Cottage Cheese in Creamy Tomato Gravy)
About Cheese Tomato Curry
Cheese, in this recipe, refers to the cottage cheese (called paneer in India) that is cooked in a creamy tomato gravy.
Simple to prepare, you can have it with rice or any type of Indian flatbread (naan, paratha, or roti).
Watch how the dish is prepared in the video below to make it much easier to understand and follow the steps in the recipe.
- 1 tsp desi ghee/clarified butter
- 100 grams paneer/cottage cheese, cubed
- 1 cup malai/fresh cream
- 2 inch dalchini/cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 4 lavang/cloves
- 4 moti elaichi/black cardamom, seeds removed
- 3 tej patta/bay leaves
- 1.5 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 tomatoes, medium sized, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, if needed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chopped hara dhania/cilantro
- Put all the ingredients except the salt, red chilli powder and kashmiri red chilli powder in a wok and cook for 10-12 minutes on full heat after which put off the heat and let the ingredients cool down completely. Keep stirring often.
- Grind the cooled ingredients to a puree and then strain out through a colander.
- Keep this on full heat now and add 1 tsp of clarified butter. Stir cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture starts to boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Put in the salt & sugar. Add the kashmiri red chilli powder too. Stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and put in the fresh cream and keep stirring. Also add in the cottage cheese and stir cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put in the chopped cilantro and cook for a minute more then put off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with some cilantro
Tomato Paneer Curry (Cottage Cheese in Creamy Tomato Gravy)
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Rajan Singh Jolly