Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Vegetable fried rice is a delicious, flavorful, and quick way to prepare a healthy rice dish. This particular recipe comes from Indo-Chinese cuisine.
You may use fresh or leftover rice to prepare this dish. The recipe is quite versatile, as you can add or skip any vegetables you like. Serve it with yogurt, manchurian, or any gravy dish.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
Serves 3 people
- 1 teaspoon + 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 capsicum, chopped into small pieces
- 100 grams cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin and small
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the rice to a kadhai (wok). Add enough water to cover the rice, and then add 1 teaspoon of oil. Keep the heat on high and let the water come to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat to low and let the rice simmer until it is almost cooked.
- Strain out the water and spread the rice in a broad dish to let it cool down quickly.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the kadahi. Let it heat up, then reduce the heat to low. Add in the garlic paste, ginger paste, and chopped green chili. Saute until their raw taste goes away.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower, capsicum, and grated carrot. Stir-cook on medium heat until the veggies are almost cooked.
- Add in 1 teaspoon salt and the boiled rice. Keep the heat around medium, mix well, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the rice and the veggies are completely cooked. Keep stirring constantly.
- Serve with dahi (yogurt), manchurian, or any gravy dish.
© 2019 Rajan Singh Jolly