Indo-Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Vegetable fried rice is a delicious, flavorful, and quick way to prepare a healthy rice dish. This particular recipe comes from Indo-Chinese cuisine.
You may use fresh or leftover rice to prepare this dish. The recipe is quite versatile, as you can add or skip any vegetables you like. Serve it with yogurt, manchurian, or any gravy dish.
- 1 tsp + 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 capsicum, chopped into small pieces
- 100 grams cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin and small
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped fine
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Add the rice to a kadhai (wok). Add enough water to cover the rice, and then add 1 tsp of oil. Keep the heat on high and let the water come to a boil.
- Now reduce heat to low and let the rice simmer until it is almost cooked.
- Strain out the water and spread the rice in a broad dish to let it cool down quickly.
- Add 3 tbsp oil to the kadahi. Let it heat up; then reduce heat to low. Add in the garlic paste, ginger paste, chopped green chili. Saute until their raw taste goes away.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower, capsicum, and grated carrot. Stir-cook on medium heat until the veggies are almost cooked.
- Add in 1 tsp salt and the boiled rice. Keep heat around medium, mix well, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the rice and the veggies are completely cooked. Keep stirring constantly.
- Serve with dahi (yogurt), manchurian, or any gravy dish.
Indo-Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Rajan Singh Jolly