Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Vermicelli custard, a pudding prepared with vermicelli or sevai, is a very popular Indian dessert. Quick to prepare and very yummy, it is made with roasted vermicelli, milk and nuts.
Do try this simple dessert and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 ml full-cream milk
- 1/4 cup roasted sevai (vermicelli)
- 1 pinch kesar (saffron)
- 1 tbsp vanilla custard powder, dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp ground mishri (rock sugar) or table sugar
- 10 almonds, sliced
- 10 cashews, chopped
- 10 pistachios, sliced
- 10-15 raisins
- Heat the milk until it comes to a boil; then reduce the heat to low, add the roasted vermicelli and saffron and mix well. Add the sugar and nuts but reserve some for garnish. Do not add the raisins.
- After 2-3 minutes, raise the heat to low-medium and cook until the vermicelli is soft (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Add the custard powder and milk mixture to the pan and stir-cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the vermicelli custard from the stove and let it cool down completely.
- Garnish the dish with the raisins as well as the reserved nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Vermicelli Custard Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly