My name is Lakshmi, and I am a homemaker. I love cooking and experimenting with different recipes, especially those from my native India.
This flavorful village-style chicken curry will make an excellent addition to your feast. Serve it with hot rice, idli, paratha, and appam.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 dried chillies
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- Handful of curry leaves
- 500 grams bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons kuzhambu masala powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and dry chilies.
- Once the fennel seeds start to splutter, add the onions and curry leaves. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry till the raw smell of the paste dissipates.
- Add the tomatoes and saute again; then add the masala powders, salt and a small amount of water. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and a little more water. Cook for another 10 minutes till the chicken becomes soft and tender.
- Add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil for 2 minutes; then turn off the heat. Serve the curry with hot rice, idli, paratha, or appam.
Lakshmi (author) from Chennai on September 03, 2020:
Hi Danny,you are welcome and thank you for your interest in this recipe.
Danny from India on September 03, 2020:
A delicious dish, will surely follow it at home. Thanks, Lakshmi.