Rozlin loves to cook healthy food for her loving family, and she enjoys sharing her recipes with her readers.
Korma is a spiced curry of meat or chicken marinated in yogurt or curd. White mutton korma is a variation of the traditional red version. Red mutton korma is slow-cooked in ghee or oil with fried onions, spices and yogurt. White mutton korma, on the other hand, is slow-cooked in ghee or oil with tender onions, whole dry spices, yogurt, nuts paste and cream. The aroma of kewda water and cardamom enhances the flavour of the white gravy. Korma is best served with basmati rice, roti, naan or paratha.
I prepared this gravy on Eid day—we hosted a dawat (feast) for our relatives and friends. Everyone loved this rich creamy white mutton gravy, and I am sure your family will love it, too.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 grams mutton (goat meat)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 black cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoon green chillies, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 almonds
- 12 cashew nuts
- 1/4 mace
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves. (kasuri methi)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon kewda water
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean and wash the mutton (goat meat). Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 black cardamom pod, 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves and 2 green cardamom pods. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 sliced onion and sauté until tender.
- Add mutton, ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chillies and salt. Mix and fry on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water and cover with the lid. Pressure-cook on high flame until one whistle. Cook on low flame for 15 to 20 minutes or until mutton is tender.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes to remove the skins.
- Grind 12 cashew nuts, 12 almonds, 3 green cardamon pods and ¼ mace to a fine paste with some milk.
- Open the pressure cooker and check the mutton. Once it is tender, add whisked yogurt. Keep the flame low. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add ghee. Keep the flame low. Add bay leaf and dried fenugreek leaves. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the paste prepared in step 7. Mix well. Cook by stirring on high flame for 5 mintues. Cashew almond white gravy is ready.
- Add the cooked mutton into the cashew almond white gravy and mix well. Add ½ cup water.
- Add white pepper powder, green chillies, kewda water, garam masala powder and fresh cream. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame. Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Read More From Delishably
© 2022 Rozlin