Delicious Homemade Chicken Tenders
The Best Chicken Tenders You Will Ever Eat
Over the years, thousands of people have told me that I make the worlds best chicken tenders. And now I'm going to tell you how.
What You'll Need:
- You should have a cutting board made out of a hard plastic resin. Wooden cutting boards can and do develop cracks and you don't want that, because it provides a place for bacteria to grow. That's the last thing we want on our chicken.
- You will want a meat hammer made for tenderizing meat. Buy one as heavy as you can afford. You want one that is all metal and one piece if you can find it because it will be easy to clean up.
- You will want a roll of plastic wrap so you can cover your chicken with a layer of plastic before you beat it with your meat hammer. This way you will keep down the splatter and mess and make clean up so much easier.
- You'll need one gallon plastic ziplock bag in which to marinate the chicken overnight.
1 pack of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 quart of buttermilk
- 1 small bottle of Texas Pete hot sauce
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of fine crushed corn flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
You'll also need enough vegetable oil to fill your cooking pot 2-3 inches deep.
How to Make the World's Best Chicken Tenders
- You can thaw the chicken in its original package. Just be sure if any blood spills in your refrigerator to clean it up at once with a bleach and water solution.
- Open the package in your sink and drain away any juices or blood. Wash your chicken under cold running water then pat to dry.
- Move the chicken to your cutting board and cut each breast half into about 3 - 4 pieces, then lay it out on your cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Beat the pieces flat with the meat hammer.
- Now place all your chicken into a ziplock bag and pour in the buttermilk and hot sauce. Close the bag and place it into your refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, whip the milk and eggs in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients together very well.
- Take your chicken tenders out of their buttermilk solution and place them into the milk / egg mixture, then coat them very well with the dry mixture. Now it goes back into the milk / egg mixture and then back into the dry mixture. You will now have breaded your chicken tenders twice. When you take them out of the breading the second time, lay them side by side on a dish or baking pan.
- You will now want to use 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a cooking pot. If you prefer to use a deep fryer, set it to 350°F. Now fry the chicken to a deep golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- You can now serve them with honey mustard or ranch dressing. Serve with carrot and celery sticks for a little temperature and texture variation.
More by this Author
The best homemade chicken pot pie you will ever eat. I have prepared and cooked this chicken pot pie in restaurants all over the South and over the years people have begged me for the recipe.
Have you always wanted to make Buttermilk Fried Chicken but you couldn't ever find that perfect recipe. Well I have the perfect recipe for you for Buttermilk Fired Chicken.
Do you want to know how to make the World's Best Meatloaf. Well guess what here is the recipe for the World's Best Meatloaf and yes it really is that wonderful. Oh so yummy.