We enjoy cooking and baking. We spend countless hours experimenting with new plant-based recipes to satisfy any savory or sweet craving.
Delicious Healthy Pizza
This pizza crust is plant-based, oil free, and packed with extra nutrition from hemp hearts and nutritional yeast. Try this recipe for a guilt-free dinner, snack, or party food.
Once you've made the crust, add your favorite pizza toppings or experiment by adding various herbs and spices to your tomato sauce.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
1 hour 45 min
1 large pizza crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
Read More From Delishably
- 1 tablespoon dried greens
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Start by adding the flours, sugar, yeast, nutritional yeast, hemp hearts, salt, and optional ingredients (if using) to a large bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are the fully incorporated.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add one cup of water. Knead until the dough is still sticky but does not cling to your hands. Add more water 1/4 cup at a time until desired texture is reached.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and transfer it to a dark, warm, and dry spot. Let the dough rise for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Next, punch the risen dough flat and work it with your hands for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it until it is 1/2 an inch thick. Finish your pizza with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Flavorings and Toppings
Get creative by adding any combination of these herbs and spices to your pizza sauce:
- Salt and pepper
- Onion or garlic powder
And try these pizza toppings:
- Broccoli (it's actually really good!)
- Fresh, dried, roasted tomatoes
- Fresh, dried, sautéed mushrooms
- Vegan cheeses
- Vegan deli slices
- Fresh, fried, or dried onions
No matter what you choose for your toppings, this vegan pizza crust will make your pizza experience a good one.
© 2021 Bellwether Farming